Sarah Addison Allen
Sarah grew up in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, where her mother still makes cornbread that is out of this world and her father plays old-timey banjo, claw-hammer style. Neither of these talents were passed on to Sarah, but she did become very good at eating and listening. The former made her fond of elastic waistbands, the latter turned her into a writer.
Sarah has her B.A. in Literature and her first book, the romantic comedy Tried and True, written under the pen name Katie Gallagher, was published by Harlequin Duets. It was nominated by The Romantic Times for both Best First Book and Best Duets of 2003. The projects she's currently working on include comedic chick lit, a southern magical realism book, and a trilogy of futuristic romances. Sarah's mainstream debut, Garden Spells, a quirky book of Southern-fried magical realism, will be published by Bantam Dell in the Fall of 2007. Her stories Fly By Night and I'll See You in My Dreams appear in More Sweet Tea and Sweeter Tea anthologies from BelleBooks.
Seven things about Sarah 1. When I was a kid, I wanted to be a trash man. I would spend hours daydreaming about riding on the back of a garbage truck, jumping off at every house and dumping peopleís trash into it.
2. I was born and raised in Asheville, North Carolina, a place Rolling Stone magazine once called "Americaís New Freak Capital."
3. I have my B.A. in Literature, a major I chose because I thought it was amazing that I could get a diploma just for reading fiction. It was like being able to major in eating chocolate.
4. I canít turn away stray cats and Iím convinced they know this.
5. My father was a copy editor, reporter and award-winning columnist for our local paper.
6. My mother has a nose ring, but we pretend itís not there.
7. Garden Spells, my mainstream debut, didnít start out as a magical novel. It was supposed to be a simple story about two sisters reconnecting after many years. But then the apple tree started throwing apples and the story took on a life of its own...and my life hasnít been the same since.
© 2000 - 2015 paranormalromance All Rights Reserved.
All book covers and photos are copyright their respective owners.
PNR cannot be held responsible for the content on other Web Sites.